July 16, 2013 by Iain Venn
Search still top for Website Traffic
A recent study by Forrester Research shows some very valuable and interesting information for website owners. Source: http://marketingland.com/search-remains-first-social-second-for-how-people-find-websites-49394
1. 54% of survey responders find websites through natural search engine results pages (organic/free results) This represents an increase from 50% in 2011.
2. Social Networks were the second most popular resource, accounting for 32%; up from 25% in 2011.
3. Links were the next important means of finding websites, accounting for 28%; down from 31% last year.
4. 18% surveyed said they used search ads to find websites, which is significantly up from 8% in 2011.
So what information and intelligence can you take from the above data?
1. Search Engines are still the main players in how people find websites.
2. A good social marketing strategy can add excellent results to your overall online marketing strategy.
3. Good quality links generate good quality traffic back to your website.
4. Online searchers attitudes to online advertising is improving.
All very interesting, I am sure you will agree!